Directlink, LLC. Field Technician / Installer duties and Requirements
Send us your Resume here
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and job placement/or geographic location.
Required Job Duties:
• Must provide proof of US Citizenship.
• Must have current Drivers License and relatively clean MVR. No DUI or Reckless.
• Pre-employment drug screen, and back ground check may be performed.
• Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent:
• Responsible for on-site safety of self and others at all times.
• Installs and pulls copper cabling as per specifications. Includes both horizontal and riser distribution cabling systems for indoor and outdoor requirements.
• All paper work is turned in Daily on time and filled out completely
• Time and Expense report entry is accurate, and timely.
• Terminates installed cabling systems. Requires a thorough understanding of EIA/TIA standards for data cabling (Cat5, etc.), as well standards for cabling installation practices of outdoor placement.
• Tests installed cabling systems. Requires experience with various types of test equipment.
• Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
• Takes responsibility for accuracy and completeness of each job.
• Takes responsibility to ensure that all work is performed to Company standards and quality installation techniques.
• Must be able to work after 5pm and weekends when required. (This is not an 8-5 job) Most Install Jobs start at 9am so it's rare that you will get off prior to 4 or 5pm.
• Must be able climb ladders, lift 50lbs regularly, and work on your feet for long periods of time.
• Must provide warm clothing for harsh weather conditions, occasional extreme temperatures may occur and needed attire is a necessity
• 2+ years working in voice and data cabling on a daily basis
• Knows Telco color code, Cat5 a must
• Proper hand and power tools are part of the contractor’s responsibility
• Ability to troubleshoot data circuits
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
• Ability to finish projects or note when incomplete
• Ability to organize workload for effective implementation
• Strong customer communication skills a must
• Ability to function as an effective team member
• Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment.
• Work is generally performed on a construction site, including new tenant improvement, and remodel work. Work may also be performed in an existing, occupied office or retail environment, and Residential home environments.